Before diving into the matter is important to understand that there’s a big difference between marketing and transactional emails.
A marketing email is any email sent with a commercial message or content on which the main intention is for a commercial purpose, these type of emails are regularly sent to groups of contacts that are potential buyers or customers.
Transactional emails are one-to-one emails that contain information that fullfills a transaction or process that the customer has begin with the store, the most common example is the email received after completing a purchase with all the information about the item, price and shipment details.
Wether if you are working in a small business, sef-emplyed or working with an Ecommerce Email Marketing Agency, understanding the difference between these emails and how transactional emails help improve deliverability will be a game changer for your email marketing performance.
Transactional emails benefits:
Even though a solid email marketing strategy is the core of any successful campaign, that doesn’t mean you should oversee your transactional email strategy. A good transactional email platform can make huge difference when it comes to taking your business to the next level.
Here are some of the main benefits of transactional emails:
- Personalization: transactional emails allow you to personalize your content based on behavioral data from your customers.
- Customer engagement: Thanks to personalization, customers engagement naturally increases.
- Trust-building:These emails help increase trust in your brand by providing useful information at every step of the customer journey.
- Timing: This ongoing automation act as a real-time response to customers that improves the overall relationship between them and, your brand.
- Brand recognition: Transactional email gives your brand added visibility.
The transactional emails are expected emails in your customer’s inboxes, reason why they improve the overall deliverability of your email campaigns. ORs of these type of emails should be high, helping improve the IP reputation of your emails and making it easier for your Marketing Campaigns to land in the primary inbox.
Transactional emails should be easy to be done and, popullated since you’re using your customers behavior to trigger them while marketing emails require a bit more of time to think on the content, strategy and, message you’d like to deliver based on your commercial goals.
Here are some Email Campaigns to include in your Content Strategy in case you’re looking for extra inspiration for your Email Marketing Campaigns.