In the modern world, there can be few more important, misunderstood entities than SEO. If you are creating a website you hope will be seen by the maximum number of people, you have no choice but to give full focus to the subject of SEO and play by the rules it has in place. This is where SEO marketing with First Page is the best possible choice you can make for every whitehat trick in the book to elevate your site beyond expectations.
What exactly is SEO and why is it so important?
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the process whereby a website uses a mixture of specific technical configurations, relevant content, and internal/external links to appeal to search engines. The more appeal, the better the chances of the site being ranked more favourably, being listed higher in search results and more likely to be clicked on by the potential customer.
SEO is critical in marketing your website, as recent research suggests over half of all online traffic is the direct result of searched terms and subsequent clicks on one of the results. If your site does not appear early, the chances of those clicks diminish and lessen the further down you go.
Whenever the vast majority of people have specific online needs or questions, they turn to their preferred search engine to start on the pathway to the answer. Australians alone use Google search around 63 billion times per year for everything from researching history and word spellings to planning journeys to Uluru, entertaining activities in Perth, or culinary fine-dining experiences in Melbourne.
How to make your website SEO friendly
Any successful site needs to make itself as SEO-friendly as possible to persuade search engines to direct traffic towards it. This can be done in a number of ways, depending on which facet of the SEO we are dealing with.
- Technical SEO – Structural foundations and aspects of a website.
- On-site SEO – Content of the site users will see, and search engines quantify
- Off-site SEO – External efforts to increase brand awareness and drive traffic to the site
Make it easy for search engines to discover/access all content on your site, including text, images, and videos. Some key technical elements to focus on include:
- URL structure
- Internal linking
- Title/header tags and meta descriptions
- Image alt texts
It is imperative your content appeal not only to human readers but to the search engines sending them to read it. The higher the quality of your content, the more likely it is to be recommended. Make sure it is:
- Relevant to the topic, up-to-date, and accurate
- Filled with keywords people typically associate with the content
- Unique and not plagiarised
- Well written without grammatical/spelling mistakes
- Structured to be easily readable with subheadings and visual variations
- Multimedia containing not just text but other elements like images and videos
There is a lot to think about when it comes to SEO, and it can seem daunting and overwhelming for those unfamiliar with it. This is when it’s time to let professionals handle things quickly, efficiently, and effectively.